My Photos


I’ve been taking pictures for as long as I can remember. If you have read my travel blogs thru Nebraska and the Midwest, all of those pics were taken digitally. At first, I used a Panasonic Lumix digital camera which took excellent pictures. But it was still like shooting on film. The camera did not have the "rapid-shoot" feature that many of the DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex) cameras have today. So now, I can shoot a bunch of pictures of an approaching train and find the perfect shot.

Anyway, here is where you will find some of my great shots. If there is one in particular that you would like to have for your own, please be courteous and send me an email to me just to let me know which one you like. And a "Courtesy of" footnote on the photo would be greatly appreciated.


The homestead of N1BOW

One incredible ham radio antenna farm in Southwick, Massachusetts




 Old Glory and the Moon


The jetty at Giants Neck Beach, Niantic, CT


My son Chris and my daughter Caty


Sunset at Railroad Beach in Niantic, Connecticut


On the set of "Nyberg" at News 8 with me and Jose Feliciano


Outside East Lyme Fire Department's Station 2 in Niantic on a beautiful autumn day


Shoreline East Train 1695 at NAN drawbridge


Sunset over Niantic


Cell tower somewhere near Dallas, TX


Winter at the Homestead


Rock Neck Beach as seen from Giants Neck Heights Beach


A venerable and retired Amtrak AEM-7, aka the "Swedish Meatball", at New Haven Union Station


Summer sunset outside News 8 in New Haven


My daughter Caty and her then-fiancee now-husband Will


My son Chris


Nightside at News 8's ENG Receive


My late father and WWII veteran, James A Zocco from Windsor Locks, CT. Miss you, Dad.


Getting ready for the 5 O' Clock News


Caty and Chris at dinner at On the Border Restaurant in Allen, TX


Me aboard the USS Intrepid in New York City


Another summer sunset from The Walk in Niantic


A Union Pacific double stack train passing Reunion Tower in Dallas


Amtrak's Shoreline Route just before NAN Drawbridge in Niantic


Caty's roses at the beach house, now my younger brother's house, in Niantic


Nightside with Old Glory at the Giants Neck Heights Beach Jetty



New York City as seen from The New Yorker Hotel Room 1935


Sunset in Columbus, Ohio September 2018



The Blaw-Knox tower of The Legend, AM 650, WSM, Nashville, Tennessee



A Loves Convenience Store tanker truck near Little Rock, Arkansas



My Church, St. Agnes Catholic Church, in Niantic, Connecticut


Acela 2255 crossing NAN Drawbridge on a hot summer day


Wildflower colors of Summer



One beautiful fire truck onside Dunkin' in Windsor Locks, Connecticut


The Eastbound homeboards at NAN Drawbridge at Dusk


Sunset at The Walk in Niantic, Connecticut


My Dad's license plate now used by my youngest brother Jay


Sunset on I-95 westbound in Madison, Connecticut


Where I grew up in Windsor Locks, Connecticut


The Coast Guard's Barque Eagle at New London, Connecticut

My old haunts: ENG Receive at WTNH-TV


At Key West, Florida


A Brush with Greatness: me and former Good Morning America Spencer Christian
at the Colorado Model Railroad Museum,Greeley, Colorado


The underground neon corridor between Concourses 2 and 3 at O'Hare International Airport,
Chicago, Illinois


Shoreline East 3661 along Connecticut Route 156 in Niantic, Connecticut


One World Trade Center, New York, New York


Just a good antenna picture


My very good friend, documentary director/producer Taylor Monte,
who made the film "You and Me"; Available on iTunes


Shoreline East 1667 at Union Station, New London, Connecticut


An actual B-17 at Groton/New London Airport


Where else but Fenway Park, Boston


My Dad in the 15th Air Force, 450th Bomb Group in Maduria, Italy


Colors of fall outside St. Agnes Church, Niantic, Connecticut


Fall in my back yard

My Dad's boat, wooden type with mahagony trim. It was rebuild in the summer of 2017 and was re-launched in September 2017



My analog/digital UHF Go-Pack and tripod antenna



Comments